17.5.13

D.I.Y. Wrist Pin Cushion

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I've wanted to make one of these ever since I saw the designers on Project Runway using them. SUCH a time saver! And great for lazy sewers like me who don't want to reach all the way over stuff to find the pin cushion. Simple project, I made mine in like 15 minutes before bed late one night.
Enjoy making! -Stephanie


SUPPLIES: You'll need a square cut piece of fabric, scissors, thread & needle, foam, (cut to the size of  what you'll want for the cushion), elastic (I used a piece from a new hair elastic headband that I got in a pack at dollar tree)

Using the fabric piece, wrap your foam just like you would a small present. Whip stitch folds down using small, invisible stitches. 
For the elastic band, I wrapped it around my wrist to see how long it should be. Make it snug, it could be quite annoying if it flapped around and fell off. Once you have your elastic as long as you want, you'll need to cut two slits in the fabric where the ends will go through. Sew stitches where the ends are lying. All done!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...