10.7.13

D.I.Y. FASHION MAKEOVER | DENIM JEAN DRESS TO TOP


This dress is very ugly. I found it at a second-hand store for a buck. Looking at it closely though, there are a few possibilities. Chop off the skirt and sleeves and you have a denim vest. Or a few changes and you have a denim top that is totally in trend right now! I decided to go for the latter idea, which turned out to be very fun! I'm thinking of bleaching it sometime so it's a lighter denim, but anyways here we go...

FROM TACKY, TO TRENDY!

Directions: I cut off the skirt to the length I desired, making the cut slightly curved on the sides. I rolled the hem under twice, pinning as I went. After finding some gold thread that matched the other threading, I sewed a straight stitch until I had sewn the whole hemline. You can repeat another line so it is double stitched. Very easy project, with huge results!




xo STEPHANIE

1 comment:

Faith rocks said...

great job in its such a good price Wow

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...