19.10.12

D.I.Y: Candle Jars

Hi guys! I thought you might like these candle jars, flower holders and photo holders. They are very fun to make and the best part is that I already had everything i needed to make them! Here's how to make your own~ 
 Supplies: glitter, glitter nail polish (optional: i used mine for a base to sprinkle the glitter on), scissors, wire, candle jars or small vases, glue stick, hot glue gun, wire cutters, long nose pliers, ornaments: pearls, little flowers, buttons, etc, burlap, paper words/quotes

I made two different kinds. Photo Holders and Candle Jars (pictured below)


Photo holders:  Cut a long piece of wire and wrap around the jar, using the long nose pliers. I wrapped mine a couple times. Then extend the end of wire up and make some circles that will hold your photo or postcard.

Candles Jars: Basically the difference with this is you put a strip of burlap around the jar with hot glue, and add a flower or button on top.

For both: Add quotes or words that mean something to you. I just went through an old book that I didn't want to keep nice and found words that were cute or funny. Use stick glue to adhere them onto glass. For glitter, I used my silver glitter nail polish and just put some where i wanted glitter. I then sprinkled on the loose glitter on top, which then sticks. Let dry before touching. The great thing about these is that you can make each one different and add your own style and ideas to them. They make great gifts as well! :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...