1.7.13

D.I.Y. OWL ANIMAL PILLOW TOY



Inspired by an Anthropolgie owl, I wanted to make something like it for my niece to play with! Isn't this just the cutest thing? I already had all the materials, there's not much you need to make it! So let's get started.


MATERIALS
 -Fake fur or fuzzy material is best for the stomach, back, and wings.
-Felt for the eyes.
-Grey material for head
-Cute patterned material for feet
-Stuffing

 
Cut out pattern pieces, adding 1/2" for seam allowance. (note: make sure to pre wash/dry your fabrics) Using black thread and a needle, embroider dots for the pupils on the eyeball pieces. Machine-stitch both of the eye pieces on top of the front head piece. Next, machine-stitch around each of the feet, wings, head, and body pieces, (all inside out) leaving a small opening for turning it out. Stuff the inside of the owl, making sure to put enough to make it nice and squishy. Then you can hand stitch the openings closed, and sew on the beak, and wings.

Leave comments with any questions you might have!

me and my niece / she loves her owl :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...