27.9.12

latest life learnings

How have you been doing, my loyal readers?! Some of you might not have heard about my latest news. There's this really cute gift store in my town that is so fun to browse through for inspiration and great gifts. A lot of it is handmade and original in different booths/sections. I am opening my very own shop space there in three days! I decided to call it SWEET AFTON. So when I talk in the future about Sweet Afton, you'll know it's my shop space, not a secret baby or some girl i think is sweet. ha ha!

A couple months ago, i thought that by now i would for sure be running a store that was huuuge. Like a dream store. With dressing rooms, and racks and racks of adorable clothing. But before i bought anything really expensive like the inventory and fixtures, God  started closing doors. Everything was just so stressful in figuring things out, and something I'd figured on helping with the huge overhead of rent, crumbled apart like old bread. I wondered, was this really how I wanted my life? Filled with non stop stress and no free time? But I know it's not good at all to not be working hard at something. (I've had experience with that this year!!) Finally, it came to telling the owner we'd decided not to do it after all.

My life it seemed, was back to square one. I had no real job, my dream store was not a go after all, and I didn't really have something big and "important" to do during my life. After feeling depressed for a few days, weeks, whatever, I knew I wouldn't be content with just laying around. That's when I decided to start small with Sweet Afton~ a 4x6 foot booth. Small beginnings are great and if i work hard and if God wants to bless it, it will grow and blossom into something successful and wonderful.

You may be wondering why I'm posting all of this. For one thing, I just wanted to tell you guys what's been happening, and another is to tell you what I've learned! We have no idea why things happen. Like if I hadn't started working for the store in the beginning, I wouldn't have started making a ton of merchandise~ which is now ready to sell in my new little shop space.... I was wondering why God had me go on this roller-coaster the past few months. Now I know why! Because He wanted me ready for the next chapter in my life.

He is getting you ready for yours too.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...